The abundance of available options, when choosing a paint product, can leave indecisive even experienced paint professionals, especially taking into account growing awareness and concerns about the produc...
Responsible purchasing of paint products
Responsible purchasing of the paint products should involve choices that allow for low levels of pollutants and emissions resulting in the benefits for the environment as well as human health and well-being.
4 main principles for choosing paint products
Responsible choice of paints is about purchasing low toxicity and low emission products, with good coverage and durability of the painted surface. Before starting your painting project, read www.paintsforlife.eu how-to guide & advice on choosing paint products for your project. It is also recommend to discuss any unclear questions with the retailer and/or possible contractors.
- Choose the most appropriate paint product for a specific application
- Avoid negative environmental and human health impact
- Consider years of service for the painted surface
- Calculate the actual costs per m² of painted surface
Where to find information about paint products?
Knowledge of the paint product can be obtained from the information on the packaging as well as from the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) and Technical Data Sheet (TDS) documentation. If necessary, ask the retailer to provide the necessary information.
- Paint labelon the can of the product
- MSDSProduct Material Safety Data Sheet
- TDSProduct Technical Data Sheet